Zoom for Video Conferencing
Video Conferencing Considerations for Families
- RCPS will be using Zoom to provide video conferencing services.
- The laws that protect the confidentiality of student educational records also apply to video conferencing. As such, information disclosed by students during video conferences is confidential.
- There are risks and consequences from video conferencing, including, but not limited to, the possibility, despite reasonable efforts on the part of RCPS, that: the transmission of student information could be disrupted or distorted by technical failures; the transmission of student information could be interrupted by unauthorized persons; and/or the electronic storage of educational records could be accessed by unauthorized persons.
- Families are responsible for: providing Internet access for video conferencing sessions; the information security on any non-RCPS issued device; and arranging a location with sufficient lighting and privacy that is free from distractions or intrusions for video conferencing sessions.
- Depending upon the age of the student, it is important that an adult facilitator be present in the room for assisting with technical difficulties or keeping a student on task.